Who are we?
We are a team of counsellors supporting young people aged 11-18 in various areas across Lancashire. As part of n-compass, we are a trusted service with over 10 years’ experience in support and advice.
- A team of experienced and qualified counsellors who specialise in working with young people
- Have specialist training in working with issues around self-harm
- We work across Fylde, Preston, South Ribble, Chorley
- Winners of the ‘Children and Young People Now’ award in 2016
What do we do?
- Our aim is to equip young people (11-18) to cope better with difficult circumstances, preventing them from escalating into more serious issues
- We provide early support for Young People experiencing issues impacting their emotional health and wellbeing
- Provide 1-2-1 sessions and group work
- Help young people to identify their triggers, build their resilience and use alternative coping strategies
- Work creatively with art and play to help the young person express themselves
- Provide a service for teachers and parents to refer into when they feel unable to help
- We can assess and refer a young person if this is needed
Why is our work important?
- The work we do helps to reduce psychological distress and supports young people to achieve their personal goals
- School based counselling is evaluated positively by young people and school staff
- It brings about improvements in students’ mental health and emotional wellbeing
- It enhances young people’s capacity to engage with studying and learning
Who pays for your service?
Our service and support is free to all young people aged 11-18 in various locations across Lancashire (link to postcode finder page)
We are currently funded by
- Fylde and Wyre CCG
- Preston, South Ribble and Chorley CCG
- Children In Need